1. Date for Penalties: While compliance with Local Law 84, Benchmarking, was due on May 1, 2011, the City will accept the 2010 Benchmarking Compliance Report up to December 31, 2011 without the issuance of a penalty.
2. Warning Letter: A warning letter was sent to all buildings that did not comply by August 1, 2011. If you received this letter and believe you have benchmarked it could be for the following reasons:
a. You benchmarked after August 1. If you correctly entered your borough, block and lot number (BBL) in Portfolio Manager’s Notes field, and you have a confirmation email from the EPA, then you are in compliance and there is nothing further to do.
b. The BBL was entered inaccurately or not entered at all. If you benchmarked before August 1, please check the confirmation email you received to ensure the BBL entered is correct. If the BBL is inaccurate, then simply enter the BBL correctly and resubmit the report, as you did initially, by 12/31/11. (See instructions on how to enter the BBL)
3. Benchmarking Help Center: A hotline is available to answer general benchmarking questions and assist with the use of Portfolio Manager. It can be accessed Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-5pm and Fridays from 10am-2pm, by dialing 311 or 212-442-7901. If the Help Center is not open, leave a message and they will return your call. This resource has been made available through a partnership between The City University of New York (CUNY), New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), and the City of New York.
4. Benchmarking Training: The Association for Energy Affordability is offering in person training on the Portfolio Manager tool. The training also covers how to comply with Local Law 84. For class dates and to register visit their website.
5. Updates on the City’s Website: Please regularly visit the Greener, Greater Buildings Plan website for more information and continual updates on Local Law 84: www.nyc.gov/GGBP